Community Association Management for Developers
You build it. We’ll manage it. Our designated Developer Services Team is your partner, every day, start to finish.
AAM has a designated team of professionals whose background in urban and master-planned development provides the expertise and support necessary to meet the unique need of Developers, from a community’s inception through the transition to a homeowner-controlled Board.
We offer a variety of community association management services for our Developer clients, including:
- Preparing a built-out budget to determine assessment amount.
- Creating a cash flow budget to determine the financial obligation of Developer, when documents provide a subsidy requirement.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements, including quarterly “indicated actual” reports, tracking income and expenses in order to monitor Developer’s actual subsidies vs. projected subsidies.
- Evaluating and advising on governing documents including Articles, Bylaws, and CC&Rs.
- Appointing AAM, LLC as members to the architectural committee so the Declarant is not required to review every minor architectural submittal, as long as it complies with the Governing Documents. The Declarant will be included on the Committee for unusual or precedent setting submittals.
- Creating working documents including Design Guidelines, Association Rules, and Fine and Collection policies.
- Assistance deeding the common area tracts to the Association and submitting for common area valuation to receive property tax savings on common area tracts.
- Coordinating the transition of common areas to the Association for maintenance.
- Applying for an Employer Identification Number (EIN), as needed, for non-profit corporations to file taxes and open bank accounts.
- Opening necessary bank accounts on behalf of the Association, including operating and reserve accounts (as required).
- Assistance setting up utility accounts in the Association name (as long as Articles have been filed and the Association is in good standing), including invoicing for deposits or applying for bonds as may be required by utility companies as a security deposit.
- Ordering a reserve study to ensure the proper funding of the reserve account is started as soon as possible.
- Providing Builder title companies with closing instructions for Association fees to be collected on “Builder-to-Homeowner” transactions.
- Developing a custom built website that can link to Builder sites for sales information (if Premium website option is selected).
Have a question or suggestion? Let us know below:
We would like to praise AAM
"We would like to praise AAM for the countless hours your team spent assisting in the build out forecast planning for our large DW communities. We presented the forecast to our Area President and VP of Finance. The reviews went very well. In fact, we were able to confidently discuss strategic options related to the communities. These discussions were productive because the forecast information was trusted by the participants. Our team recognizes your organization's valuable contributions. We will soon be calling on you to manage our next new property in Arizona." -Jim K., Pulte Group